Monday, April 26, 2010

The Big Girl bed

So, we take the binky away from Yaya. I get it in my head that it is also time to switch her to a big girl bed. She is in a crib that would have converted to a toddler type bed but there was no way we were going to be able to snuggle with her in any way. I also thought that getter her excited about the big girl bed would be a good distraction from the binkies being taken away. So, on Saturday afternoon, we took down the crib with Yaya and Bean helping, and moved in the bif girl twin bed. I took both of them on an shopping trip to get new sheets for the bed. Pink and orange were the choices.
(no, this not her new bed, but this is amazing and would fill her room and then some!)

Bed time comes, she is still excited, does not ask for her binkies, and................................ she takes forever to go to bed. She used to be so easy to put to bed. Once tired it was a quick song in the chair and into the crib. No problems. It took forever for her to get to bed. "Lay with me mommy" "Don't go mommy". Lots of tears and if you moved at all, she would wake up instantly when trying to leave. She finally went to sleep, woke up around 3 am and then again around 5 am and then was ready to get up at 6 am. 6 am on Sunday morning--sucks!

Sunday and Monday's bedtimes have not been much better. I hope it get better. It's got to, right?

1 comment:

Stef said...

Ugh. I hope it's getting better! The first few nights with my daughter in her big girl bed were rough. It did get better though!