Thursday, May 13, 2010

Binky and Big Girl update

Well, just and update on the sleeping habits of a little 2 1/2 year old little girl. She is finally going to bed with a little more ease, but only a little more. One of us needs to lay with her for several songs on the cd and rub her back for a while as she tosses and turns for a spell. Actually though, she asked for the binky only once or twice since they went away, which is pretty good for 2 1/2 and for some one who loved her binkies at night.

Now the problem I seem to be having is that she is getting up between 5 and 6 am every morning. Some mornings I can get her to go back to sleep, tell her I need to get in the shower, lay with her for a bit, those type of things, but HELL I am already awake and cannot really go back to sleep just to get up at 6:15 to get in the shower. If she does sleep a bit longer, and only a bit, she usually ends up standing in front of me in the shower. Just standing there saying hi. That used to be MY time!!! I knew that at least at 6:15 in the morning, I would be the only one up and it would be quiet and I could just chill a bit--or at least take a shower in peace. Well, no longer because now she wants to take a shower with me! I love a really hot shower--really hot--cause it wakes me up and feels really good. It is a big like a sauna. But, not so good for a little girl to have it that hot. So, I have to quickly shower in the really hot water, then freeze a bit when she gets in and stands there for just a little but too long.
I am not really sure if things are getting better with this situation.....................

No comments: