Really? Kindergarten--really? Oh, am I ready? I really don't know. I do know that Bean is so ready and will do great! He has been asking for weeks when does kindergarten start. He is so ready to learn new things, meet new people, explore new things. He cannot wait to learn to read, have music class, art class.
He knows several kids in his class from the CDC and there are a few boys from the neighborhood that are in there too. I am glad to see some of the neighborhood kids in his class and hopefully we can get them together more and they will have friends to run about and play with.
Those are some of my fondest childhood memories--running around the neighborhood in a pack with all the others kids. Not really causing trouble but being outside and having fun, making up games and using our imaginations to occupy our time, exploring the woods and digging in the dirt, catching tadpoles and playing kickball or riding bikes. I so want those memories for my children.
We have been in the neighborhood for about 3 years, going on 4 years, and up until now there really hasn't been much connection with with neighborhood kids. Not for lack of wanting to get to know them, just that M and I work and some of the other parents do not and all the kids are all over the place with preschool and different activities--it just did not ever come together. We would see other parents our--usually at the park across from our house--and say, "we should get the kids together, blah, blah" we would mean it but it never seemed to come to fruition.
But now I am hoping that it will! Will take some work from all of us, but I think the other parents, who appear to be all around M and I's age, might actually be looking for that sense of community and neighborhood for their kids as well.
Wait...this was suppose to be about Bean and kindergarten. I am not sure I am ready. I am for the most part, but I get these little pangs of heartbreak as my little baby boy grows up before my eyes.
All the best to you Bean as you head into kindergarten and a whole new world opens up to you. You will do great and I cannot wait to hear what new things you learn every day.
LBATS!
No comments:
Post a Comment