At the ripe old age of 42, I have finally ( or at least working towards) come to terms with this--who I am.
I have made some decisions: Thursday, March 29, 2012
42
Well, I am 42. This is me at 42.
I am not going to diet ever again--just eat smart but enjoy the cake from time to time.
I am not going to exercise anymore--just get out and move. Move with my kids, move with my love, move at work, move when ever I get a chance--but not beat my self up for not exercising one day or several. I may even belly dance!
I am going to get rid of everything in my closet that doesn't fit. Those items that make me feel bad because I cannot fit into them like I did once upon a time ago. Clothes shouldn't make you feel bad. Keep what fits--buy new if need be. Donate the rest to some one who can use them (My Sister's Place perhaps).
I am going to try something new every week (if possible).
I am going to do something creative every week--even if it is coloring with my daughter or making books again.
I am going to read more--more books, more articles--just more. Even if it is on my phone.
I am going to try new recipes and stop just looking at food blogs and magazine--make those things that seem yummy. I will also involve my kids in the process.
I will smile and laugh more and try really hard to yell and grump less (even when I am grumpy)
I will tell those I love that I love them--everyday!
I will not find the negative in my body but celebrate the wonders of me and my body. I brought two amazing children into this world with this body, I have walked on parts of the Great Wall of China with these legs, I have explored some of the greatest cities and most amazing little towns, I have hiked through the redwood and swam in the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian Oceans, as well as the Mediterranean, Aegean Sea and the North Seas.
That's it for now now.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment