Luca and the Princess---we watched a movie last week or several weeks ago (don't quite remember as time flies by) called Arthur and the Invisibles about a boy who has to save his grandmother's land and house by going into the world of the Mimimoys (sp) to collect rubies that his grandfather left. He had to figure out clues left by the grandfather to get into the mini world. He does (obviously or there would be no movie...) and meets a beautiful princess while there.
Well, Luca liked the movie and has been walking around the house holding his little princess in his hand. You have watch where you step and make sure to watch out for his little princess. It is quite cute. Sometimes he gives her a name, other times it is just "my princess". She has to be put down in the bed while we read books at night. She will watch a show with him and sometimes plays cars with him (well "she just watches"). Sweet.
I remember that I had a little robin that lived a my grandparents house in Ohio. When we would go there, I would walk around with my finger held out like the bird was sitting on it. I would ask people to pet it and say hi and things like that. I would then let in back outside to play with the other robins. So I guess I understand where he's coming from with this one. Nice to see his imagination developing and getting richer every day.
And on another princess related thing--the other day while we were getting ready to go to work and the sitter, Luca looked up at me and said "Mommy you are pretty, you look like a princess". It absolutely melted my heart and made my day. Good way to start the day, that's for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment