Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trip WITHOUT the kids, repeat WITHOUT





M and I decided to get out of town for the weekend, actually I decided that I wanted to get away for my 4oth birthday and we wanted to go somewhere but not too far and on a budget. So, we went to Cincinnati. Okay, I know not the most glamourous place out there and I aways have a kind of negative idea about Cincinnati. But I have to say, I was pleasently surprised! We stayed at the Neatherland Cincinnati ( a Hilton) which was built in the 1930 is that glorious Art Deco style. The holel was lovely, here a few pics



























































We were only away for a night and two days, and as much as I love them, it was nice to be able to talk together without reminding some to sit in their chair, eat their chicken, get back here, don't do this or that. We went to the Cincinnait Art Museum (twice) and the Contemporary Art Center, had a couple beers with lunch, a leasurely dinner, and more drinks, walk around town without having to carry someone, slept in, nice brunch, etc.


A note about the hotel, we decided it had a bit of that "Shining" thing going on. The art deco thing, empty hall ways, large grand staircases and big rooms....just a bit...they had a picture opn the wall something like this. Just waiting for Jack to walk around the corner or the boy to ride by on his big wheel.

No comments: