So, I went out the other night to a local restaurant--it was an early band show, kind of a family, night. Very crowded--well attended I guess they call that--but almost a bit too crowded for me. Everyone was eating and getting the kids to get some food in them and settle down a bit. Then the band began to play and the kids started a little mosh pit and dance--dance like no one was watching (which is great about kids). But the one thing I noticed is that none of the parents danced. None! Well, accept me! The other parents just stood around in there snootiness with their drinks, eyeing everyone and, and not dancing or engaging with their children. Weird! Why not dance? Why not engage with their kids? I know sometimes it is nice to go out, let the kids hang with others and have some adult time. I need that too! But, my kids want me to dance with them--they ask me to come with them--pull me with them. And I go. I go everytime. 

And this is something I like about me as a mom. I don't care what others think when I am having fun with my kids. I love to get out there and dance with them, be silly with them, get down and funky with them. I love the mom that they make me.
1 comment:
Dawn, I like your pictures and comments very much. Such a nice way to record family history and treasured passing moments!!
Well done!! Felix
Post a Comment